Considerations in the treatment of post-deployment stress effects.
- Learn effective treatment responses
- Learn how the body responds to threat
- Understand the military culture
- Learn appropriate treatment considerations and deliveries
- Learn to use assessment instruments including suicide risk
- Learn ideas for re-balancing and self care
When in danger, it’s natural to feel afraid. This fear triggers many split-second changes in the body to prepare to defend against the danger or to avoid it. This “fight-or-flight” response is a healthy reaction meant to protect a person from harm. But in PTSD, this reaction is changed or damaged.
- Learn what post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is
- Learn the symptoms of PTSD
- Learn how PTSD is detected
- Learn how PTSD is treated