Considerations in the treatment of post-deployment stress effects.
- Learn effective treatment responses
- Learn how the body responds to threat
- Understand the military culture
- Learn appropriate treatment considerations and deliveries
- Learn to use assessment instruments including suicide risk
- Learn ideas for re-balancing and self care
Learn the history of the African American culture including how education and oral traditions have manifested through diverse forms. You will also learn the history of traditions.
- Learn how education manifested through oral traditions
- Learn the many diverse forms of oral traditions
- Learn aspects about the African American Cultural Movement
- Learn about cultural traditions relating to language, fashion, cuisine, family and more.
By the end of this module, learners should be:
- Familiar with literature relating alcohol issues to race, ethnicity, and culture;
- Knowledgeable about diverse patterns of alcohol use among individuals from various racial, ethnic, and cultural groups-differences between and among groups;
- Knowledgeable about the effects of alcohol on different groups and the factors associated with alcohol use among members of various groups;
- Prepared to provide effective alcohol intervention and prevention services by exploring strategies appropriate for use with members of varied racial, ethnic, and cultural groups.
A therapists or human service worker can explore life from the Christian perspective and have a better understanding when serving clients with the Christian faith. The handout is based on "The Purpose Driven Life" by Dr. Rick Warren.
- Learn Christian views on God
- Learn Christian views on becoming Christ-like
- Learn the Christian perspective of "being made for a purpose"